Tuesday 12 May 2015

WIP Car Wars Map

Although my stock of A2 quarter inch grid sheets turned up on Friday (pre-orders were all posted on Saturday), I've only just had a chance to draw something on one of them.

I'm drawing a map of a compound similar in style to the one featured in Truck Stop Car Wars supplement. I'm adding features that will feature in an adventure I've put together. I'll probably run the game using Savage Worlds rather than Car Wars but I'll still add some Car Wars elements.

I'll try and do some more work on it over the next couple of days.


4 comments:

  1. Out of curiosity - why did you leave so much slack space outside the walls?

    Excellent use of overlays - an easy way to quickly create custom arenas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really think about the area beyond the wall. If I were drawing it again I'd move it a few inches to the left so I could draw more of the highway. I guess some adventures could use the area outside, especially if protagonists are trying to blow a hole in the wall or climb over it.

      Delete
  2. If it were me, I'd just lay down road sections along that edge if I needed highway there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I've got plenty of those. I've also toyed with printing grey versions of these sheets so the more closely resemble Car Wars printed maps. Then a white sheet could be cut up for buildings and used over it.

      Delete