Thursday 21 May 2015

Petty Gods Print Copies

I was very surprised to get a parcel from Lulu this morning. In it three hot off the press copies of Petty Gods. I got two hardbacks and one softcover of what is a very hefty book.

I'm keeping one of the hardbacks but will take the other two copies with me to the UK Games Expo at the end of the month. If anybody going wants a copy I'm happy to sell them at £22 (Lulu price £18.98 + postage) for the hardback and £12 (Lulu price £9.98) for the softcover. Those prices are based on what I paid including a discount code and postage rounded up to the nearest pound.

Well done to Richard LeBlanc and everyone else involved for getting this wayward project to completion. I'm really looking forward to giving it a proper read over several evenings. I hope the OSR can produce another project of this scale, and I would be very keen to submit material again.

Here's photos of the books side-by-side. The second photo shows a randomly selected (it just happened to be the one with my entry on it) spread of the contents.



7 comments:

  1. You got your already?!?! Man, mine hasn't even shipped yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty shocked. I think I went for middle out of 3 shipping rates. Fastest I ever got something from Lulu.

      Delete
    2. Tim, don't forget Peter's copies printed and shipped in the UK. Out of the approximately 100 copies (combined HB and PB) that have sold so far, only a half dozen or so were in the UK. I'm sure there's just a backlog in the States. E.g., I ordered 10 advance copies last Wednesday (the 13th)—5 days before the books general release—and my copies shipped on Tuesday (I chose express shipping so they're due here today).

      Delete
  2. Looks really good. Mine should be here in a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter - I'm going to the UK Games Expo, and would be interested in buying the hardback copy if it's still available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have 1 of each for sale plus my own copy for display (although if someone wants the display one I don't mind buying another later).

      Delete