Friday 13 July 2012

B/X Characters Rules PocketMod

One of the extras that I am producing to go with my OSR Character Sheet Pads is a PocketMod containing all the rules required to roll up a 1st level B/X character.  The folowing images show what it looks like so far.  It is amazing how much you can get on to a single A4 sheet of paper.  The PocketMod not only has all the basic rules for creating characters, but it also has a combat table, a saving throws table, weapon damage and even missile weapon ranges.  I had planned to produce 2 PocketMods one for character generation, and a second with equipment lists.  However, I surprised myself by finding space for basic equipment in addition to all the character generation rules.  I will also be adding lists and descriptions of 1st level cleric and magic-user spells on the back so the sheet can be unfolded to look at them.

A copy of this PocketMod will be sent out with every pad of OSR Character Sheets that are currently running as an Indiegogo camapign here: http://beta.indiegogo.com/projects/110891 Even if the campaign fails to meet its funding goal I will still email a PDF of the PocketMod to all the backers.  Next week I will start on my rewoking of Games Wokshop's classic 1978 Character Sheet which will also be an semi-exclusive item for my Indiegogo backers.









6 comments:

  1. The attack table looks weird to me. Excellent resource by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I still need to add the correct to hit roles in the table. I put 20s in just as place holders.

      Delete
    2. Will prices for armour be added too?

      Delete
    3. Well spotted! There's enough room for a couple of price columns so I'll add those in when I do the next update.

      Delete
  2. Did you release this to the world? If so can you email it to me?

    ReplyDelete