Monday 27 May 2013

Playing with my new Hex Pad

Although I got the stock of my new hex pads on Thursday, the UK Games Expo over the weekend meant I didn't get a chance to try them out immediately.  Today, I spent a pleasant Bank Holiday afternoon in the park, and while my daughter was playing, I sat and sketched maps and scribbled notes.  I drew them in pencil, so on returning home I've quickly inked over one of them.  It's a mini-campaign setting on a single sheet of A5 paper.  The new A5 and A3 pads will go on sale tomorrow at my Squarehex webstore.  I also plan to add some bundle offers that include a mix of all the pads in the range at a discounted price.




4 comments:

  1. I can see a rabbit in that hex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that happens every time I draw a map that isn't just square dungeon walls. This time I didn't notice it until you mentioned it though. I think I'm cursed.

      Delete
  2. I'm curious as to why you chose the large hex to be 15 times as big as the small hexes. Does this work with some kind of scale progression, or did it just fit the paper well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly because it fits the paper. The next printing project I do will be for small A7 hex pads but I also hope to do other sizes in the future. I'm keen to try some large numbered hex pads too. If there's something you'd like to see feel free to suggest it.

      Delete