Gamer's Notebook

Gamer's Notebook -- Kicktraq Mini

Monday, 18 March 2013

Guess the Dungeon #8

I took Saturday off from this series as I was gaming all day.  To make up for that along with the regular mystery map, I've included a two sheet map of my own.

Here's the mystery dungeon (actually a structure rather than an underground complex):






















And here are my maps.  A ruined cottage in the woods, and its secret basement that could be used by smugglers or bandits.



5 comments:

  1. These maps are great. And I should know the answer. You're going to make me dig out my modules and start studying the maps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I started doing these I got all my modules and game books and put them in stacks. I'm slowly working my way through them and I've also got some boxes of unsorted magazines to go. I spend about 10% of the time looking for maps, and the other 90% getting distracted by other stuff in them.

      Delete
    2. That a great idea. It will get you familiar with old adventures while actively doing something.

      Delete
  2. The first one is from the dungeon stocking example in the Moldvay Basic book! I'd recognize the layout anywhere after working on Mondrian variations:

    http://carterscartopia.blogspot.com/2012/04/moldvay-and-mondrian-variations.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct. If you put your versions on canvas, you could get a gallery exhibition and make a fortune!

      Delete