Sunday 27 November 2011

Dragonmeet 2011 Show Report

I had an enjoyable day at Dragonmeet in London yesterday.  It was my first visit to the show and it was great to see so many people in one place playing games. 

There was a good trade hall with plenty of tempting stuff,  although not as much variety as there was the UK Expo in Birmingham.  My wife bought my Christmas present from one of the stands, but as it's a surprise, I'll have to wait to find out what it is.  On the OSR front, Jim from LotFP had a stand and seemed to have a good flow of customers.  There was also a Fighting Fantasy stand where Ian Livingston gravitated for a while (he was also one of the seminar guests) to sign books for visitors. 

Even with those two stands, the OSR still seemed under-represented. No retroclones were on sale, and even Leisure Games did not seem to have their usual selection of OSR modules and supplements on offer.

I gave out just over 100 copies of the mini Oubliette (Issue 6.5) so hopefully, when Issue 7 goes on download later this week, we'll have a few new readers.








No comments:

Post a Comment