Saturday 26 March 2011

Useful Planning Tool for Publishers

When I put together Oubliette, I always end up drawing several versions of the page order out by hand.  They look something like this:
















However, now I've stumbled upon a useful site called corkboard.me which gives you a personal corkboard where you can organise post-it style notes.  As soon as you visit the site it gives you a unique url for your board, and then you're free to begin adding notes.  It's also great for to-do lists and other notes.  I think it's perfect for planning layouts for short publications.  Here's a screen grab of the one I just started for Oubliette Issue 6. Next, I just need to fill it up with the articles for the next issue.

1 comment:

  1. Corkboard is great. I've been using it for a few weeks now and have been wishing for something like this for years. Great for quick ideas. And you can put pictures on it too so that helps.

    I used to to use Webnotes but it started glitching out so I learned not to put anything mission critical up.

    So far so good :)

    ReplyDelete