Monday 14 June 2010

A Problem in Miniature

Since returning to gaming last year, I've spent some time tracking down my collection of miniature figures.  Altogether I've managed to locate about 300 25mm scale lead figures, mostly bought in the 80's and early 90's.  Unfortunately, only about 20% of them are painted, and whilst I like using them in games, I don't have the time to really do them justice.  So I've come to the decision that I'm going to sell a portion of my collection and use the proceeds to acquire some alternatives.

Here's a few of my painted figures

















And here's some of the unpainted ones
















As most of the unpainted figures are long out of production they have already started selling for between £3 and £10 each on ebay.  Which means for every unpainted figure I sell I can buy 2-4 plastic, ready-painted D&D miniatures like these:















Whilst they don't look great up close they're fine on the tabletop and certainly beat the appearance of the bare metal ones.  I may still try some speed painting techniques on a few of my old figures but I think I've come to realize that although collecting figures and painting them is fun, it's just not for me anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment